‘Facelift’ (known as rhytidectomy or meloplasty) is one kind of the cosmetic treatment that tightens & removes wrinkled and sagging skin from your face & neck. The facial muscles can be tightened surgically to change the tone. Excess fat can be removed and repositioned as a part of this surgery.
Facelift surgery will reduce jowls as well as smooth your jawline. Many people say that they look much younger after getting Fotona face lift in Singapore. Scars of this procedure can be permanent, though they’re hidden –generally by hair.
Recovery Time for Facelift
Facelift is one complex and comprehensive treatment that needs exceptional surgical skills, but, surprisingly, recovery process is very fast for many individuals. Patients can usually get back to the normal activities in over 2 weeks.
But, you will need to wait around four weeks before engaging in any kind of strenuous exercise. Bruising and swelling are quite normal after the facelift treatment and generally reach the peak over 2 days after this procedure. Then, the bruising and swelling get much better slowly and in 10 – 14 days, you will not notice any such scars.
Remember, facelift will not stop your aging process and will not change the fundamental appearance. The skin may continue aging although results are permanent. Reducing daily sunlight exposure as well as living healthy lifestyle can help you to maintain the facelift results.
New surgical methods
New surgical treatments are developed continually to improve the cosmetic methods. Most of the procedures claim in making recovery easier and fast, however they are modifications of the traditional facelift.
- This work is generally carried out under the local anesthetic, through one-inch incision below the chin. Laser can be used to melt the fat under your chin and tighten your skin and heals in the most lifted way.
- Sometimes lasers are used for the neck and lift procedure named laser jaw liposculpture & resurfacing.
- Forehead skin is raised through the small incisions in your frontal hairline. Then it is lifted & secured to your deeper tissues that will prevent more sagging and drooping.
- Endoscopy can be used in brow lifts and face. Using the small cameras lets for the smaller incisions. It means very less trauma to the tissues and faster recovery time.
- The mini-facelift can be less invasive treatment that aims in lifting the sagging skin and wrinkles in your lower part of face. As it mainly involves the smaller and s-shaped incision over the ear, it can’t address any neck sagging and excess skin.
- Liposuction will remove the deposits of fat, generally between the neck and chin. It is done as a part of the facelift, or separate procedure.